Sunday, August 18, 2013

True Life: I live in a beer and cider central...

And I absolutely love it! Let's set things straight - I do drink beer.  The taste alone does not bother me, however I do have many preferences.  Particularly, I enjoy hard ciders and light beers like Blue Moon for example.  My roommate tells me that Blacksburg is best for being a huge college town with some of the best selections of beers.  Even better, it's known to have some of the most notable breweries in the region.  Blacksburg's just got it like that.

In my week of living in Blacksburg, I have tried a few different types of beers and ciders other than my favorite/standard Woodchuck Hard Cider, courtesy of my nice roommate.  And the list goes as follows (in order of consumption):

  1. Devils Backbone Brewing Co. - Vienna Style Lager (Signature Virginia Beer)
  2. Highland Brewing Co. - Gaelic Pale Ale
  3. Bold Rock Hard Cider
  4. Angry Orchard - Traditional Dry
  5. Hornsby's Hard Crisp Cider
These are the few beers that I have tried so far, but I'm pretty sure there are more beers for me to experiment with in the future.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?