Monday, June 27, 2011

6.23.11 Paris: Day 1 - Lights After Dinner


We found the Metz SNCF train station - it is under the big clock before you get to the major bus terminal in Downtown Metz. The train is pretty cool. They've got really nice, comfy, cushioned seats that are pretty comfortable for second class. The train is equipped with lots of luggage space (or maybe it just seems that way because I brought only one bag - kudos to me).

I realized after the fact that I did not have to lift my luggage to the top shelf because there was luggage space level to the ground. Well at least I know that for next time. The seats have bendable cushions and the doors are passenger friendly, unlike the DB trains from Frankfurt, Germany to Saarbrucken which slam directly in your face as you're trying to bring your luggage through. I can't really give a review for Wi-Fi at the moment.


Right now the seat right next to me is unoccupied. It feels nice; but how long will that last? Well I did get on the train almost 20 minutes before departure. I spoke too soon. Did I mention that this train has lots of luggage space and extra space for you to place your jackets, smaller bags, toolboxes, etc.

I can't believe I'm going to FREAKING Paris!!!! I'm super excited. Since I've been here, I've been picking up on the language little by little, learning a few new words and phrases, and I've been able to "get around." I love it thought. I think my knowledge of some Spanish has helped me very much. I recognized many of the similarities. I've come to the realization that English is really complicated. I see why people often struggle with learning it. It doesn't sound as fancy compared to other languages. German language just sounds disgusting. The French language sounds so beautiful.


We met up with Anthony at the Paris SNCF train station. Man was it crowded. We arrived during rush hour. I kind of forgot about that. We dropped our things off in his room, rested a little, and then headed out in the town. We traveled on the metro to Saint-Michel where we walked around at visited the souvenir shops. We then ate at this restaurant called "Le Clou de Paris". I ordered a sandwich called Croque Poulet along with some pink wine. It was one of the cheapest things on the menu but it was soooo delicious. Here is a before and after picture of my dish (I got a little bit of help finishing it because I was so full).

Before

The sandwich was composed of juicy grilled chicken on top of toast with melted cheese. I couldn't quite figure out what kind of cheese was used but it was so good, I didn't really care at the time. Croque Poulet only costed me about 6.90€ plus my portion of the pink wine, totaling to 10€. That was a pretty good deal for such a delicious dish. I definitely recommend it to others who appreciate cheese, toast, and chicken.

Midway
Punished
Time for dessert!

We ended the night by walking around the corner from the restaurant and getting crepes from this creperie shop. We all got a banana and Nutella crepe. My night was made some more. My night was made some more when we went to the Eiffel tower at night and saw the light show at 10PM. We got there just in time. The Eiffel tower is huge and prettiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?