Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Electric Pop Smoky Eye

Earlier this week, I debuted a cute make up look that I will the "Electric Pop Smoky Eye" make up look.  This look features an electric blue smokey eyelid highlighted with metallic silver brow and fuchsia accent streaks below the lower eyelid to create this electric simple look.  This look was very easy to create and I had a great time being adventurous and playing with a variety of color combinations on my eyes, lips, and face.



The Look

Eyes: 
Wet N' Wild Coloricon Shimmer Single "Stagedive" 307 (blue, lid)
Twinkle Twinkle Palette (silver, brow)
L.A. Colors Eyeshadow (black, crease)
Loreal Paris & L.A. Colors Bold Eyes (tan, tear duct)
Lips: 
Rimmel London Moisture Renew Liptstick Shade 360 "As You Want Victoria"
 Wet N' Wild Lipliner "Berry Red" 717
Face: 
CoverGirl Ready, Set, Gorgeous Foundation "Medium" 305-310
N.Y.C. Colors Bronzer
E.L.F. Pressing Powder "Toffee" #1304
The Color Workshop Blush (3 shades)
Black Opal "Cover and Clear" Concealer #02 Honey 
Accessories:
Blue Beanie hat with flat twists underneath


I typically only wear makeup on special occasions, such as for dinner with friends, for banquet ceremonies or parties, or on days where I just want to cover up a few things on my face... or just because I feel like it.  Last Friday was one of those days.


After a long day of being in my lab, my way of destressing was to clean and organize my room, listen to music, sing and dance along, and play with makeup.  I especially wanted to try out this new CoverGirl foundation that I found at my local grocery store that was on sale via the manager's discount.  What a major bargain it was! Powder foundation that would normally cost $7.19 a piece, I managed to purchase for $1.50 a piece! And it was relatively close to my skin tone (it could be a little bit darker, but that's what pressing powder is for).  Now that's what I call winning.


In addition to achieving this look, I felt this time to myself was a great time to initiate some early spring cleaning.  Getting myself organized is never a bad thing.  And with the new year behind me, I am bit introspective in order to prepare and straighten out my priorities, personally and academically, before the new spring academic semester begins in a week.  I was able to use this time to also make a nice little video log (available on my YouTube channel) to just speak about the things that have been layed upon my heart lately.  Check out my vlog here.  Some snapshots while recording the vlog.


My inner confidence from just feeling great that evening poured out in my final photographs.  I hope you are inspired.

Be fun. Be you. Love life. Be true. Embrace your inner and outer beauty. Live free. Inspire and help others. Love God. Live, laugh, and love hard. Make your mark.

Peace and Blessings,

Maleshia J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?