Friday, January 2, 2015

Hello 2015... Happy New Year!!!


Out with the old and in with the new! I'm not really a person who is big into the new year's resolutions shenanigans, however, I always take the time to set some new goals and outline what I hope to accomplish in the year ahead.

Here are a few of my goals for 2015:

Maleshia's Goals for 2015


  • Establish consistency with my online presence
    • I hope to blog on a set schedule and weekly basis.  By forming a good habit of writing frequently (in the form of blogging), this will help me with writing in graduate school (adding versatility and help me be able to write about different topics from different angles)
    • Additionally, I am also experimenting with filmography and vlogging that can accompany my YouTube channel
  • Read and write more often for leisure and for research
  • Be happy and be healthy by really taking care of my mind, body, and soul (spirituality)
    • Exercise, cook, paint, draw, and crochet more
  • Continue to establish a reputation for Imprints by Maleshia J.
    • I will be shifting my focus to learning more about the art of photography and doing more portrait & fashion photography.  With this, I will have to work with more people, get outside of my comfort zone, and advocate and promote my brand
    • BUSINESS CARDS!!!
  • Pass my PhD qualifying examination for the mechanical engineering department
  • Help others who may be in need by lending my hands and gifts.
  • Continue being an inspiration to others and spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ.  
    • This has been a tough one for me because sometimes I'm not sure of the 'right' way to go about it. Truth is there is no right way, but God will provide me with the right words to say, actions to do, and the places to be to impact someone's life.  My trust and faith is in Him and He gets all the glory.  

What are your goals for 2015?


Speaking of practice and fashion photography...

Here are a couple of pictures from the outfit that I wore to my lab Christmas party. My outfit was very casual, cute, and comfortable.  It also had the essence of the holiday spirit with my green eyeliner and pashmina scarf. Check out my look!






The Look

Eyes: Wet N' Wild Green Eyeliner, Gold/Orange Eyeshadow
Wet N' Wild Megalength Mascara
Lips: Wet N' Wild "Copper Rust" 529B
Face: CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation "Tawny" 865
Earrings: Handmade earrings by my sister Noelle Monroe
Hair: Wash and go curly fro updo accessorized with a gold headband
Dress: Forever 21 Beige Cocktail Dress paired with black leggings
Accessories: Camel accent belt paired with a black pashmina scarf
Thrifted: Shoes - Brown Booties,  Vintage Blazer, American Eagle cross body purse

I am not a huge make up aficionado but I really like the very affordable lipstick and eyeshadow that you can find at your local grocery stores such as Rite Aid, CVS, Dollar Tree, etc.  Majority of the brands that I frequently wear are Wet N' Wild, LA Colors, NYC Colors, and E.L.F. Cosmetics just to name a few.  These products are very skin friendly, bold, and come in a wide variety of colors.  I pray that my photos inspire you to embrace your inner and outer beauty and wear clothing and products that flatter you and make you feel good about yourself.

In 2015, I want to place much attention on doing more portrait photography.  Sometimes practicing with myself helps me prepare for when I have a photoshoot with someone else.   I may even have a little career in freelance modeling (wink, wink). On that note, my motto or words of inspiration will always be this:
Be fun. Be you. Love life. Be true. Embrace your inner and outer beauty. Live free. Inspire and help others. Love God. Live, laugh, and love hard. Make your mark.
That sums it up.  Happy New Year and take care. Until next time.

Yours truly,

Maleshia J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?