Monday, November 24, 2014

#BlackLivesMatter

Let me get a few things off of my chest.


I am silent... I am silent because there are no words that genuinely or appropriately express the way I feel after hearing the grand jury verdict of the Mike Brown case.  The officer, officer Wilson, was not indicted for ANY (not one) charges against him.  That is some utter bulls*** and I am pissed off.

My heart is heavy;
it is sunken deep into the depths of the ocean that I'd never imagine it reaching.  My prayers and thoughts continue to go out towards the family of Mike Brown, and may he rest in peace.   The injustices of our world, of our nation, of this country we call the United States of America - whatever that is - are very real and this is another prime example of how our justice system was not made for us, Black people.

How many examples do we need for things to change?  It just seems like no one values life anymore, let alone the lives of Black people.  Who's the highest bidder?  Anyone with a blank check can pretty much buy their way out of crime, walk away scot-free, with no harm, with no scratches, with no slap on the wrist, with absolutely NO tarnished reputations.  Meanwhile, the victim and their family and friends suffer the most mentally, emotionally, and simply have to deal with the series of unfortunate events.

What good is law if justice is not truly being served? What happened to us? What happened to us caring for one another, showing love, and being morally grounded?  What message will this send to our youth, to future generations, to our young men.

I watched this video earlier and it really drove my sentiments home:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16K6m3Ua2nw&feature=player_embedded

Let these things be known to my Black people and Black men:

I believe in you. 
I value you your dreams and your ideas
Your life matters.
You can change the world.

God help us.  Only you can show us the way and we call on you.  People stand up, stand out, and keep the faith alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?