Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Slipping Away

I realize that I am beginning to slip away.  Now or never is the time for that to happen.  I started off the semester with fasting and taking a much needed break from social media to focus more on fostering my relationship with God.  I backslided a little bit during that week, but I finished the fast and felt restored after it was over.  Now it has been nearly a month since then, and a few other doors in my life have been opened, I feel like I have been slipping away from God's reach and giving into temptation of myself.  It's getting a little out of hand for me and I honestly seek deliverance from the Lord.


First things first, I accept and admit that I have some issues that I am battling with that I cannot handle them alone and must turn to God for help, healing, and guidance.  I recognize my problems and the sins that have been committed, I repent, and I seek forgiveness and redemption.  Finally, I realize that there are things that I must do on my end to restore my relationship with God and build my faith.  Starting this week (well starting Tuesday at least), I aim to do the following:

  • Read a bible passage everyday, even if it's only for 5 minutes
    • I need to hear and internalize the Word of God as much as possible.  This will help me tremendously with fleeing temptation and keeping my mind right.  Simply living like Christ.
  • Arrive to my 9AM classes on time (oh the struggle, but it can be done)
    • With staying in the Word, I know things will begin to align, and the more I understand it's importance, the less effort I will have to put into getting to class on time
  • Take care of my body by getting back into strength exercises (squats, yoga, cardio)
    • Not only do I want to be renewed in the spirit, I also want to look good and feel good.  Exercise does a body wonders.  I can't keep putting it off.
Living the Christian life is not easy, but will be all worth it in the end.  I think that's all I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?