Thursday, December 5, 2013

Hair Happiness

Whew! With school being so stressful and being so busy, I have had such little time to honestly devote to taming my quickly growing, natural curly fro this semester.  Laziness always sets in its full form and I started to get fed up with my breakage and just doing the same hair styles time and time again.  I was tired and wanted some change.  Come Thanksgiving, It was most definitely time for a change. I needed a nice, I mean 'nice' trim.


Double Whew!  Snipping my hair has been one of the most liberating things that I've done in a while. And I'm kind of awestruck at how much of a difference getting rid of just a few inches of hair can make in transforming my look.  Wow!

I mostly cut some hair in the front which was much longer and wavier than the back of my hair, which is very coily (and very vulnerable to shrinkage).  I'd end up with this weird heart-shaped afro (or upside-down pyramid hair).  So, I would go around looking like this:



But now with a few inches of in the front, it's kind of like I have some faux curly bangs, something I never dreamed of having because my hair is so thick and voluminous.  Now I can take full advantage of having curly bangs when I do a twist out.  Yes! That is a win win in my book.



Yes, I got rid of much length, but cutting some of my hair was like cutting away some of my stress.  I can handle shorter/medium hair length - it's not like I haven't done it before. The confidence I have definitely shines with smile.  That's what you call hair happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?