Thursday, June 20, 2013

Pittsburgh: Buffalo Blues All-U-Can Eat Wings

Last night, a couple of floor mates and I decided to explore a notorious venue suggested by a Pittsburgh native (who also lives on my floor).  The place is called Buffalo Blues, located in East Liberty/Shadyside, Pittsburgh, and on Wednesday nights they have an All-U-Can Eat Wings special from 5-10pm for  $12.  That sounds like a good deal and it was so worth it.   

My first order of 10 wings was the Kingston Seoul chicken wings.  It's Jamaican Jerk Chicken with an Asian twist - sweet and spicy at the same time.  Initially tasting it, I was a bit perplexed by the flavors in my mouth because all of the traditional spices used for Jerk chicken were there, but it was sweet.  The sweet taste is indescribable, but it was good.  Here is my before and "punished" picture of the wings.
Check out that texture and consistency!  Great flavors (yum)
Buffalo Blues has about 16 different flavors for wings, the "Anaconda" (Habanero infused raspberry glaze) being the hottest on the menu (my roommate tried it and her mouth was on fiyahhhh, but then again, she loves spicy foods).  I don't typically eat more than 5-6 wings on average, but this night I wanted to try a few different wings. I swapped some of mine for others, like the "Wet Cajun" (Red hot mixed with our Cajun dry rub), the "Howlin Wolf" (Red hot, teriyaki, white & red pepper seeds), the "Old Yeller" (Classic Carolina Mustard), the "Garlic Parm" (Cheese & garlic sauce), and the classic "Red Hot" wing (traditional buffalo wing sauce).  All were very tasty.  I guess I wasn't bold enough to try the "Anaconda" (lol).
For my second order (5 wing orders after your first batch), I decided to try something less spicy but still flavorful, called the "Gold Rush".  It's a classic honey barbecue chicken wing with a kick.  The consistency and taste of the sauce kind of reminded me of a sweet ketchup, but I knew it was barbecue for sure.  It was mighty delicious.  And on that note, I had a total of 16 wings that night.  That's record for me in one setting.  I felt accomplished, but never again for a while.  Yum. 
I had a great time with friends.  If you're ever in the area, Buffalo Blues is a great local spot to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?