Saturday, April 20, 2013

Family Day at the National Cherry Blossom Festival

The Annual National Cherry Blossom Festival took place the last few weeks (March 20 - April 14).  Tourists form other states and countries waited around for the blossom peak positions to come to fruition around April 4-6th, but nature said otherwise.  I wanted to take a trip down to the National Mall myself to snap photos of the beautiful scenery, but in light of the peak date, I waited until the last week to visit.

I invited my mom, sisters, and nieces and nephew for a family day at National Cherry Blossom Festival on last Saturday (April 13th), and boy, what a beautiful day it was!  My mom and older sister didn't have to work, my cousin from DC joined us, and we even got my little sister to come - who originally was going to stay at home.  I had the chance to spend time with family, see the Cherry Blossoms, and take beautiful photographs.

Here's how our day panned out:

Photos on the Mall (while waiting for cousin to arrive)


Visited the Museum of Natural History (for the kiddies)



Took for some touristy pictures on the Mall



Witnessed a Wedding and 2 Wedding Photoshoots on the way to the MLK Memorial

Visited the MLK Memorial

Walked around the Tidal Basin and passed the Jefferson Memorial


Stopped in Front of the Bureau of Printing and Engraving to rest for a bit.


Then we made our way back home.  The night ended on a good note at Ra Sushi Baltimore in Fells Point.  There I ordered the signature sushi dish called the Tootsy Maki along with their famous Fried Ice Cream.  It was so delicious and 'twas a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?