Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Attain Success Without Them & Prove Them Wrong



This is my first and by far the worst rejection letter I've ever gotten. My thing is I'm not even upset that I did not get into the school program itself. What bothers me the most is how the rejection letter is phrased. This particular excerpt rubbed me the wrong way.


How can you have the courage to say that someone will not successfully complete a PhD program? That's like saying you won't be successful as a mother or father because you've never had kids before. Isn't the point of the program to teach and mold someone into an independent scientist? I understand that these graduate schools are very selective of who they admit for financial reasons, but the letter could've been phrased differently.

I know in my heart that I have been prepared well with my education at UMBC. The fact that I graduated with a Bachelors degree with a GPA above 3.00 says a lot and I am very proud of my accomplishments. And, they don't even factor in my fundamental research experiences that I've received. I will never let a rejection letter like this take that God-given glory away from me.  Besides, it's their loss (if you know what I mean).

Instead, this letter is my motivation to be successful and work hard no matter what. I'm always looking for way to turn something negative into something positive, and this for sure is the perfect opportunity. As my friend told me, there is no reason for me to be upset because I'm saving myself a lot of money and preventing myself from getting in more debt. I hear that one!!! This is God's way of telling me He has something better in store for me.

I know the road ahead is going to be difficult, but it surely can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?