Monday, September 29, 2014

Hairspiration: I Cut It!



I cut it! ...
My hair that is. Yes I did another somewhat big cut and I absolutely LOVE it! My reasoning behind the decision to cut my hair was led mostly by the business of grad school intertwined with me just not having the time of day to care for my hair with 100% of my efforts. As school took off at the speed of light, I struggled with even detangling my hair, especially in the back which can be very difficult to get through (it was extremely tangled/knotted in the back). I needed a break from my hair and wanted to take things easy this semester of my qualifier exam. Now that I am established in lab, I'd rather dedicate more time to getting work done than trying to find something nice to wear and figuring out how to style my hair quickly.



The major distinction between me cutting my hair this time versus previous times is that I wasn't at all afraid to take a risk and try something new. Not once have I regretted my decision to cut my hair, as I did before with previous cuts. I really did this for me, myself, and I. The opinions of others or their reactions were not a factor for me cutting my hair. Actually, the feedback I've received has been more than positive and encouraging. Everyone likes it thus far. I'm happy, their happy, and everyone is happy! Hooray!


With this shorter hair, I can actually comb through it in the back, moisturize it effectively, manage my short coils easily, and the look itself is very edgy and versatile. I can try out different cutesy hairstyles. Additionally, the cut does a great job of bringing out many of my facial features that weren't as pronounced with my big hair taking all the glory/attention. Also, my natural curls are even more defined. Now I have to try extra harder to keep myself from playing in my hair.


This time around, I feel very confident. That's what it's really about. Accepting you for who you are inside and out and rocking what you've got. Others will notice and pay very close attention.  On another note, hair isn't everything and it doesn't define who you are as a person, but a nice trim can definitely save you some time and influence your overall happiness.  Remember to smile. Everyday on this Earth is a blessing from God.



Until next time,

- Maleshia J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?