Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ruby Bridges - Brave for Education



Ruby Bridges Painting by Norman Rockwell

Ruby bridges was such a brave little girl. I don't know if I would have been able to do this. It must have been terrifying, but education is so worth it. Don't forget about what the people before you have work so hard to put in place. That's why it's important not to take for granted the privilege to learn, sit anywhere you please on the bus, or simply coexist with people who are different from you. There is a lot of history for me to learn about. I shall no longer use the excuse that I am not very interested in history. How will be know where we're going if we do not know where we came from? Good question right? But really think about it. It holds much truth. In order to not make the same mistake twice, we've got to remember what went wrong before. I give thanks to those before me. In this modern society, we have many struggles of our own regarding civil rights of a different form. Let's get it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?